Presenter: Denzil Bazley
A registered Professional Engineer, holder of the Government Certificate of Competence (GCC Mechanical) and member of the SA institution of Mechanical Engineers. Having 30 years experience in maintenance management and training in a variety of industri…More
|Number of days:3|
|Date and Venue:|
|May 13, 2019|
|Johannesburg, CedarWoods of Sandton|
WHY YOU CANNOT MISS THIS COURSE
This course provides a comprehensive coverage of modern industrial boilers. It includes the latest techniques in boiler operation, maintenance, water treatment, performance management, optimization, inspection, control, troubleshooting, safety, emission and steam system management.
Participants will be guided through their plant system component by component, showing exactly where and how performance can be improved. Facts will be given on different fuel types and firing methods, and how modern high-efficiency boiler designs and control systems work.
The course will cover the origins and development of Boilers, and code requirements, such as ASME Sections I and VIII, API and ISO Standards, and the legal requirements of boiler construction and operation.
The fundamentals of boiler operations, construction and design will be covered, as well as the application, installation requirements and troubleshooting of PSV’s.
The requirements for boiler water treatment and effects of poor treatment will be discussed, and the effects of operational malfunctions.
The inspection, maintenance, operation, troubleshooting and repair of Boilers, as well as damage and degradation mechanisms will be covered.
Correct start-up and shut-down procedures, and efficiency, combustion analysis & tuning will be discussed.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
- Technicians and process engineers in charge of boiler operation
- Technical personnel dealing with boilers maintenance
- Boiler inspectors and contractors
- Technical personnel in charge of steam generation and distribution systems
- Operators, Panel Operators, Supervisors and Plant managers involved in steam production facilities operation and optimization
AIM OF THE COURSE
- Examine the origins and development of boilers, and code requirements, such as ASME Sections I and VIII, API and ISO Standards, and legal requirements of boiler construction.
- Fundamentals of power boiler construction and design
- The requirements for boiler water treatment and effects of poor treatment
- Operational malfunctions of boilers
- Identify the application, installation requirements and troubleshooting of PSV’s
- Understand the inspection, maintenance, operation, troubleshooting and repair of Boilers
- The correct start-up and shut-down procedures.
- Boiler efficiency, combustion analysis & tuning
- Boiler damage and degradation mechanisms, and boiler inspection
- Maintenance and repair of boilers