Presenter: David W Spitzer
David W Spitzer has over 35 years of broad instrumentation and control experience. An ISA Life Fellow and Professional Engineer, David has written over 10 books including the seminal text Industrial Flow Measurement and other books on specific flowmete…More
|Number of days:1|
|Date and Venue:|
|March 1, 2016|
|Johannesburg, Cedar Park|
This course presents the basics of electricity, hydraulics, chemistry and instrumentation and is valuable to non-experts as well as experts. After discussing the basics of variable speed drives, John will demonstrate how variable speed drives can and should be used instead of traditional control valves to save energy and improve process control performance. This course also highlights the advanced uses of variable speed drives for utility cost reduction. Whether delegates are designing a new facility or re-engineering an existing plant, this course will help you create a more sustainable plant that uses less energy and improves production efficiency.
This seminar should prove beneficial to individuals who desire to become more productive through the application of variable speed drive technology. Persons such as technicians, engineers, managers, sales persons, marketing persons, consultants, and others involved with the application and justification of variable speed drives for energy cost savings should find this seminar beneficial.
By the end of the course participants will be able to:
- Understand electrical, hydraulic and instrumentation principles as related to variable speed drives.
- Evaluate the role that variable speed drives can play in overall plant energy requirements.
- Identify developments in variable frequency drives.
- Generate energy savings by applying variable speed drives.
- Create new integrated manufacturing applications for variable speed drives.
- Understand real-world applications that help make the theory and knowledge more clear and understandable.
- Develop and economically justify energy-saving projects that incorporate variable speed drives.
The precise content may change on the day depending on the specific needs of the delegates.
For volume discounts and in-house rates, please contact:
Phindi Mbedzi at 2KG Training
Tell: +27 (0) 11 325 0686
Cell: +27 (0) 71 125 6188