Presenter: John Sykes
As an experienced engineer he has worked in a variety of industrial sectors at both technicial and supervisory levels having specialized in reliability engineering and condition monitoring for the last More
The ISO Category 2 Vibration Analyst Intermediate course is intended for personnel who have had at least twelve months vibration analysis experience and a basic understanding of vibration theory and terminology. The course provides an in-depth study of machinery faults and their associated spectrum, time waveform and phase characteristics. Category 2 certification requires that you have demonstrated 18 months experience in vibration analysis, completed the Category 2 course and successfully passed the Category 2 vibration analyst examination, however Category 1 is not a prerequisite to become certified as a Category 2 vibration analysts.
This course is based on the ISO 18436-2 certification program vibration analyst category 2 syllabus and is designed to prepare staff for the BINDT PCN VA Cat 2 Certification Exam. The course is accredited by BINDT PCN to CM GEN App D.
VA Cat 2 personnel are qualified to perform machinery vibration measurements and analysis using mainly single-channel measurements, with or without phase trigger signals, according to established and recognised procedures.
In addition to understanding all areas included in Cat 1, Cat 2 personnel are also qualified to:
- Select the appropriate machinery vibration measurement technique
- Set up instruments for basic resolution of amplitude, frequency and time
- Perform basic vibration analysis of machinery and components such as shafts, bearings, gears, fans, pumps and motors using spectrum analysis
- Maintain a data base of results and trends
- Perform basic (single channel) impact tests to determine natural frequencies;
- Classify, interpret and evaluate the test results (including acceptance tests) in accordance with applicable specifications and standards
- Recommend minor corrective actions
- Understand basic single-plane field balancing concepts
- Be aware of some of the causes and effects of bad measurement data
The course is aimed at those who have been trained to Vibration Analysis Cat 1, including those having appropriate vibration analysis experience together with a basic understanding of vibration theory and implementation of condition monitoring and condition based maintenance programs e.g. technicians, engineers, analysts, supervisors, managers and operators.
Key Learning Outcomes:
- Evidence of training to VA2 in accordance with ISO 18436-2 and BINDT PCN CM Gen App D
- Gaining further skills in measuring vibration
- Awareness of typical vibration levels for a range of machines
- Understanding a basic range of VA techniques and single and two channel instrumentation
- Gaining practical approaches to practical vibration analysis and monitoring
- Awareness of key International Standards covering vibration condition monitoring
The precise content may change on the day depending on the specific needs of the delegates.
For volume discounts and in-house rates, please contact:
Phindi Mbedzi at 2KG Training
Tell: +27 (0) 11 325 0686
Cell: +27 (0) 71 125 6188