Presenter: David W Spitzer
David W Spitzer has over 40 years of broad instrumentation and control experience. An ISA Life Fellow and Professional Engineer, David has written over 10 books including the seminal text Industrial Flow Measurement and other books on specific flowmeter technologies…More
Presenter: Harry Rosen
Harry Rosen has over 30 years experience in the pumping industry, and his company TAS Online is an international market leader in engineering software and consulting services for both users and manufacturers of pumps. Harry is one of only two International…More
This course describes the basics of variable speed drives, plus an in-depth discussion of the control aspects of variable speed drive applications.
David will demonstrate how variable speed drives can and should be used instead of traditional control valves to save energy and improve process control performance. David also highlights the advanced uses of variable speed drives to reduce utility costs.
Harry discusses the challenges of implementing variable speed drives into different types of pumping systems, showing examples of both successful and failed installations. The importance of understanding the system and how the variable speed drive affects the pump performance is discussed in detail.
Whether delegates are designing a new facility or re-engineering an existing plant, this course will help you create a more sustainable plant that uses less energy and improves production efficiency. Mechanical equipment operating at a slower speed will also increase reliability (better MTBF), reduce maintenance costs and increase the useful life of the equipment.
Who Should Attend:
This seminar should prove beneficial to individuals who desire to become more productive through the application of variable speed drive technology.
- Individuals who wish to improve profitability, reduce utility costs, improve product quality, increase operating flexibility, increase plant capacity, improve plant safety, and/or improve plant reliability through the application of variable speed drive technology
- Technicians, engineers, managers, sales persons, marketing persons, consultants, and others involved with the application and justification of variable speed drives for energy cost savings should find this seminar beneficial.
By the end of the course participants will be able to:
- Understand electrical, hydraulic and instrumentation principles as related to variable speed drives.
- Evaluate the role that variable speed drives can play in overall plant energy requirements.
- Identify developments in variable frequency drives.
- Generate energy savings by applying variable speed drives.
- Create new integrated manufacturing applications for variable speed drives.
- Understand real-world applications that help make the theory clearer and easier to put into practice.
- Develop and economically justify energy-saving projects that incorporate variable speed drives.
The precise content may change on the day depending on the specific needs of the delegates.
For volume discounts and in-house rates, please contact:
Phindi Mbedzi at 2KG Training
Tell: +27 (0) 11 325 0686
Cell: +27 (0) 71 125 6188